It’s no secret that planning a wedding is exhausting.
With all the moving parts, it can be hard to keep track of what needs handling and what items you can check off your list. For some people, it’s enough to make them through up their hands and run in the opposite direction. For others, they relish the challenge and thrive under pressure.
If you’re not sure where you fall, perhaps it’s time to ask yourself: Should you hire a wedding planner?
To help make the decision easier, we’ve put together a quick list of reasons why you should, or shouldn’t, hire a wedding planner!
Why You Should
- There's less pressure on you: For brides who don’t do well under pressure, a wedding planner may just be your saving grace. You’ll be able to exhale a bit knowing that someone has got it under control, and you don’t have to stress over every detail of your big day.
- They have the inside scoop: Wedding planners know about all the latest trends in the wedding world. They know which vendors to hire and how to make your wedding dreams come to life. This is especially helpful if you’re planning a destination wedding. They can be your eyes and ears until you’re able to see things for yourself.
- They're full of ideas: If you’re a bride who has no clue where to begin the wedding planning process, a wedding planner can help you brainstorm. They’ll be there every step of the way to talk you through the process and help you make even the most difficult of decisions.
- They can run interference: A wedding planner’s job is to make sure that your big day goes off without a hitch. Even if there are any last-minute incidents, they’ll be there to handle it. All you have to do is sit back and enjoy the day.
Why You Shouldn’t
- Adds additional costs to your wedding: While wedding planners are a massive help, they can also be a massive cost. If you’re struggling with a budget, hiring a wedding planner may not be the best choice. However, if you save money in another area, such as opting for a more budget-friendly engagement ring and wedding bands, then a wedding planner may just be in your future!
- You have to give up control: If you aren’t okay with giving up the wedding planning reins, then maybe a wedding planner isn’t for you. If you want to know and be part of every little detail, it might be best for everyone if you handle things yourself.
- It can be a difficult process to find the right person: Finding the right wedding planner is almost as difficult as finding a husband. Kidding. But seriously, you and your wedding planner will be working together for months. You want to make sure that you mesh and you’re both always on the same page. If you don’t have time to search for the right person, think about leaving them out altogether.
- They may push you to go out of your budget: While a wedding planner may bring fresh, new ideas to the table, these may force you to go outside of your initial budget. The wedding will be beautiful, but you might go broke trying to make it all happen. After all, ignorance is bliss. You can’t miss what you never knew about.