Guys today wear rings for so many different reasons. Marriage is an obvious one, with the ring acting as a classic symbol of eternal commitment. Or maybe it’s a ring that symbolizes a family legacy, or membership in a fraternal organization. Perhaps it’s just a statement of your individuality — who you are, what you believe in and how you want to be known.
Whatever a man’s reason for rocking a ring, there’s one out there with just the right look for you! In fact, there are so many styles of men’s rings out there today that it might make your head spin a little. Our lineup of men’s rings includes dozens of stylish models curated for the adventurous and self-assured man of today, and we’re going to take you through some of our most-loved styles below.
Black rings are one of the most common ring styles for men, especially when it comes to replacements for the classic gold wedding ring. Many guys like the aura that black projects: powerful and distinguished in a way that never tries too hard. (There’s a reason a black suit makes a man look so dapper, after all.)
A black ring can be a no-brainer for a guy who already wears a lot of black. After all, it’s guaranteed to match! You don’t have to go full Johnny Cash to make a black ring look good, though. It’s also a great choice for any guy who prefers wearing darker colors like navy, burgundy or forest green, and its dignified vibe looks amazing with dressier clothes like suits and button-downs.
- The Stealth: It doesn’t get much blacker than the sleek midnight look of carbon fiber, which is why The Stealth is a favorite of men who always want the very best in life. The Stealth’s ultra-light weight feels like it’s barely there, but its extreme durability and scratch-resistant matte finish ensure it’s ready to go from here to infinity.
- The Valyrian: The beauty and prestige of Damascus steel produce a distinctive look unlike any other metal. Its multi-layered steel construction produces unique wood grain-like designs on each ring — a perfect choice for the guy with refined tastes who strives to make his life a true original.
- The Eclipse: Open your mind to this powerful design and its almost mystical aura. Pitch-black tungsten with a hammered finish sets the tone with its powerful look, and an inlay of real meteorite gives it a jaw-dropping ethereal touch. (More tungsten rings below!)
Titanium gives you the perfect balance of brawn and beauty. It’s one of the strongest and most corrosion-resistant commercially available metals, which can be critical for guys needing a resilient ring. Meanwhile, the brushed finishes on our titanium rings create a clean and classy look but robust and masculine at the same time. (Oh, and did we mention it’s hypoallergenic for those with metal allergies?)
Practically any guy can look good rocking a titanium ring. Modern Gents’ titanium designs come in various colors, so it’s easy to find one that matches your style, whether swanky black or warm rose gold. Thanks to their extreme hardiness, they make ideal men’s wedding bands, but their understated power also makes them great fashion accessories.
- The Titan: The Titan plays a lead role in our titanium collection, with its timeless design that exudes authority on any guy’s finger. It’s a picture-perfect example of the style that draws many men to titanium rings: minimal, but with just the right touch of sophistication.
- The Infinity: This slimmed-down take on the titanium ring presents a sleeker profile but sacrifices none of its poise and polish. The contour gives it an appearance similar to a classic wedding band design, but the titanium construction takes The Infinity to a level of sturdiness that’s, well, practically infinite.
Tungsten Carbide Rings
Tungsten carbide is another hypoallergenic metal that’s known for its extraordinary elegance and durability. Its heavy weight and extreme hardness make it a common choice for applications like industrial tools and armor-piercing shells, but you’ll also find it in many of Modern Gents’ top rings for men! (What can we say? We like to use the good stuff.)
The ease of adding a variety of inlays and finishes is another advantage of tungsten carbide rings. Our tungsten selection is filled with options for every guy, whether your tastes run bolder or more traditional, including:
- The Shadow: Whether you’re wearing it as a wedding ring or an accessory, The Shadow’s brushed silver finish and black tungsten interior give it a time-tested appeal beyond any trend or fashion. That’s why it’s an ideal choice for the man who values hard work, an honorable life and a ring tough enough to make it through it all.
- The Hammer: A hammered finish brings detail, texture and character to a ring, and The Hammer is a model with plenty of all three. No two hammered finishes are the same, making this ring an especially strong choice for a man determined to forge his own path.
- The Scout: Three of our most classic looks — hammered tungsten, whiskey barrel wood and genuine antler — come together in the ultimate adventurer’s ring. It’s a great ring for any guy who connects deeply with the natural world and appreciates how all of its elements come together.
Without a doubt, wood can be one of the classiest materials out there. Think of the majesty of a wood-paneled study, the rustic simplicity of a cabin or the well-aged richness of oak bourbon barrels. Men’s rings with wood inlays bring this timeless beauty into a beautiful and tremendously personal piece of jewelry.
Wood rings are an obvious choice for a guy whose style has some lumberjack in it or for any man with a general love for the great outdoors. Our lineup of inlay rings includes diverse and dignified options for guys who love the look of natural wood, such as:
- The Bourbon: Chances are, you’ll think of a guy who would love this whiskey barrel inlay as soon as you see it. (That guy may be you!) The Bourbon is the ultimate symbol of a man who enjoys the fine things in life, and with its tough tungsten build, it’s made to age like a bottle of Kentucky’s finest.
- The Aloha: This stainless steel ring is made for the guy who’s always on island time. The gorgeous sandalwood inlay looks great on any free-spirited man, whether as a wedding ring or a fashion piece, and its high-gloss finish has an alluring appearance that might just convince you it's time to book a vacation.
- The Koa: Koa wood is famous for its beauty and resilience — and when combined with the power of a tungsten ring, it’s an accessory that’s sure to put a little extra self-assurance in any man’s step. The thin band of koa wood over black tungsten creates just the right subtlety to go with the cowboy swagger — for a ring that’s equal parts modest and mighty.
An inlay ring is a great choice for a guy who wants a ring with a little extra flair and visual interest. These rings are typically made from tungsten and feature gorgeous decorative materials like wood, antler, seashell or even meteorite shavings set and sealed into a channel on the ring. The unmatched variety of colors and patterns means each ring has an elegant and powerful essence all its own.
We’ve already talked about a few inlay rings, but we’ll dive into some of our most distinctive inlay ring options below. These rings take nature's most awe-inspiring elements and make them into new forms that keep the majesty of their wild origins. They make exquisite fashion rings, but can also be a superb choice for couples if you and your partner like the idea of wedding rings that turn heads.
- The Voyager: This stunning ring's genuine abalone shell inlay makes it an eye-catching statement piece for a man who strikes out on his own. It’s the kind of ring that a creative and artistic man can feel in his soul, or a guy with a million great stories can imagine being a part of his next great adventure.
- The Hendrix: The power of music practically vibrates from this tungsten ring with its guitar-string inlay. This might just be the ultimate piece for a guy with a groove in his soul, and it’s crafted with the kind of artisanal care that artists of any discipline will recognize and respect.
- The Raptor: This breathtaking design takes it back to the old school — and we mean way back — since it holds both meteor shavings and honest-to-goodness dinosaur bones. This piece's energy isn’t just head-turning but a downright showstopper, so make The Raptor your top choice if you’re looking for an experience way beyond the normal.
Rose Gold Rings
Looking for something with that modern classic vibe? Rose gold rings are also popular with men. This striking material is made via working copper into traditional yellow gold, giving the metal a rosy blush that makes you recall the most gorgeous sunset you’ve ever seen.
Rose gold rings often look their most distinguished on guys with a beachy or preppy style, where the tropical vibes of your ring will look especially potent. You’ll find several favorite Modern Gents series with rose gold options, plus options designed specifically to showcase the beauty of this material.
- The Excalibur: The tungsten design of The Excalibur is an ideal fit for the guy seeking a more vigorous take on rose gold. Its elegant matte finish and crisply cut beveled design project strength without shouting it — perfect for the man who leads by the power of character.
- The Elite: Black and rose gold form an arresting combo in The Elite, a ring that looks sharp on its own and spectacular as part of a wedding set. It’s a top-tier choice for guys who want to match their partner’s rose gold ring, but are looking for something with a prestigious vibe all its own.
- The Julius: Rose gold is ready for a whole new look! The brushed silver matte finish of the outside keeps it undeniably classy, while the inside is ready to let loose a little with its polished rose gold finish.
Finally, there are silicone rings, a practical type of ring made from soft silicone rubber. You’ll often spot these rings worn as stand-ins for regular wedding rings by guys who work with their hands in fast-paced environments, or who are involved in sports like basketball or weightlifting.
See, a ring made of hard material can easily get caught on something in these situations, causing potentially nightmarish injuries (see our blog on ring avulsion for the nasty details) to your fingers and hand. Meanwhile, the soft rubber of a silicone ring will snap right off your finger, leaving your hand free and clear. (Strangely enough, sometimes a durable ring is exactly what you don’t want.)
A silicone ring can also be a great choice any time you’re worried about your ring potentially being lost, damaged or stolen. What’s more, our silicone models come in a huge range of colors and styles, so you can find the one that’s just right for you.
- The Aspen: Keep it snappy, keep it simple, keep it silicone! The Aspen is a minimal-chic silicone band that works for practically any guy’s style.
- The Force Flex: A clean look and a robust design make this silicone band the best of all worlds.
- The Journey: Always ready for adventure and sporting a sweet dragon-scale design, The Journey is the ultimate silicone ring for the guy on the go.
Our rings are created for the guy who lives his values and sets his standards, who prizes strong character and strong relationships. We think you’ll see that for yourself when you shop the Modern Gents men’s collection — packed with ethically-sourced designs created by our jewelry artisans to fit seamlessly into any guy’s unique style.