One of the best aspects of choosing a fall wedding is the honeymoon destinations that are open to you.
Fall is the off season (a time of year when travel is not as actively engaged in) for many desirable locations, and whether you want textbook fall weather and scenery or are looking for something a bit more tropical, there are many places to choose from.
We advise you to follow the rules for travel and social distancing according to your local regulations. This guide is simply meant as a reference for when travel is safe to commence again!
If you want classic fall weather…
- Vermont is the quintessential fall destination. Rolling hills covered in a thick blanket of orange, yellow, and red leaves greet visitors who come for the picturesque towns and quaint B&Bs. Take part in some classic fall activities like apple picking, hiking, and browsing antique shops.
- Paris is the dream destination of couples around the world. Make that dream come true in one of France’s best seasons. Paris is just as beautiful in the fall as it is every other time of year. The streets are lined with trees full of color, and the weather can vary but is usually similar to fall in the states. Visit the Autumn Festival in October, see the International Contemporary Art Fair, and walk through the famous museums without experiencing the rush of tourists that’s typical in the summer months.
- Cape Breton Island in Canada almost does fall better than Vermont. Fall foliage comes out in full swing, the temperature is usually between 50 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit, and the ocean view from the many trails winding every which way is stunning. Honeymooners can set out to sea on a boat or kayak, dine on delicious fresh seafood, or try their hand at golf on some of the world’s most beautiful courses.
If you want to escape to the tropics…
- Aruba is the place to be any time of year. It lies outside the hurricane belt, so you don’t have to worry about tropical storms during fall like you would on many other islands. The weather is consistently in the 80s and 90s, tourists have left for the summer, and the water is warm. You might experience occasional rainfall, but it’ll feel refreshing after those 90+ degree days.
- Tahiti is more popular during the fall months than other island destinations, but for a good reason. Less rain and better temperatures are experienced up through the end of October, and by going before November you’ll avoid possible tropical storms. While you’re enjoying the perfect weather, you can take to the waters in a kayak, SCUBA gear, or boat, take in the view from the trails and nature hikes, or get your adrenaline pumping on a shark dive.
- Galapagos Islands might only bring to mind Darwin and his finches, but in fact these islands are prime for vacationers. Fall brings milder temperatures than in the summer, with the average being in the 70s. As with many islands during this time of year, the Galapagos are relatively tourist-free, which means you’ll have more peace and quiet as well as cheaper prices. Adventurous couples will love the abundant snorkeling and wildlife viewing opportunities, while those who are looking to relax will love the white sand beaches and luxurious resorts.
Whatever kind of honeymoon you want, fall is the perfect time to make it happen.
Beaches are less packed, the weather is less intense, and fall leaves offer a romantic backdrop to the start of your new life as a married couple. Wherever you're going, Modern Gents has your back! They offer a wide collection of inexpensive & affordable, conflict-free, engagement rings and wedding bands for both you and your sweetheart. These rings are safe to travel with and shine just like a real diamond ✨ shop the full collection here!
Ring: The Grace
Where did you go for your honeymoon? Share with us in the comments below!