One of many things on a bride-to-be’s pre-wedding to-do list is to dress her bridesmaids. This task can be fun, thoughtful and even sentimental as these ladies are some of her closest relatives and best friends. The bride is tasked with choosing a dress style that will make everyone look their best, and the centerpiece of any bridesmaid’s wedding ceremony outfit is, of course, the bridesmaid’s dress. After choosing the perfect dress for her bridesmaids, it is also important for the bride to think about accessorizing the dress.
From clutches to hair pieces and beyond, there are quite a lot of options when it comes to accessorizing a bridesmaid look. Perhaps the most important aspect of this process is jewelry, as a wedding day is a special occasion and calls for more than an everyday bracelet, necklace or pair of earrings. Here are six bridesmaid jewelry ideas both you and your bridesmaids are sure to love.
Wedding jewelry can add so much to the cohesion or variation of bridesmaids’ looks. Whether you want simple, classic jewels on your bridesmaids or something that makes more of a statement, you can never go wrong with a pair of wedding earrings.
1. Post Earrings: Post or stud earrings are classic, versatile and chic when it comes to a wedding day look. A non-dangly pair of earrings is great for a simple, clean look and eliminates the problem of having styles that are too trendy or casual. Consider a sparkly pair of stud wedding earrings or switch it up with pearls or rose gold. Remember to coordinate metals when giving guidelines or choosing specific earrings.
2. Drop Earrings: Bring a little more drama into the look for your bridesmaids by adding some length to the earrings. Drop earrings look great with most any hairstyle and frame the face nicely, so they’re a winner for photos. If your earring choice makes a big statement, consider toning down other jewelry additions to let your earrings be the star of the show.
Depending on your choice of bridesmaid dress, a necklace might be the perfect accessory for your bridesmaids. Necklaces can add just the right amount of shininess and sparkle to any bridesmaid’s outfit and provide a great finishing touch.
3. Pendant Necklace: One of the most popular choices for a wedding necklace is the traditional pendant style. Whether the pendant on your chosen necklace is a stone or a piece of silver or gold in a different shape, this type of necklace adds a nice touch and is extremely flattering on the neckline. A pendant necklace goes well with a v-neck or other deep necklines.
4. Statement Necklace: If your dresses need a bit of spicing up, go for something a bit more big and bold. Statement necklaces are great for straight or strapless necklines, solid color dresses or simple dress styles. A statement necklace, with or without stones, can really enhance the simple beauty of a classic bridesmaid dress.
Even though everyone is mostly concerned with the bride and groom’s rings on the day of the wedding, there’s no reason why your bridesmaids’ hands (and wrists) can’t get a little love as well. You might think about adding a bracelet to your bridesmaids’ wedding day look to add a bit of shine. Ideally, these would complement the other pieces of jewelry within the look without overpowering them.
5. Delicate Bangles: Bangles are universally flattering on the wrist and there are plenty of lightweight options out there for your bridesmaids. A simple, refined wedding day bangle might contain silver or gold and one or two stones, while a statement version would be thicker or even covered with sparkling stones.
6. Chain Bracelets: Another timeless bracelet option involves a simple, thin chain. Many include stones “by the yard” or a pendant-style bracelet with one piece in the center. Either way, this style is versatile and sure to be worn long after the wedding day passes.
Consider It a Gift
Many brides choose to give their bridesmaids a small gift on or near the wedding day to thank them for standing beside her on her special day. Bridesmaid jewelry is a special and thoughtful gift for your bridesmaids as well as something they will treasure for years to come. No matter what you choose for bridesmaid jewelry, we have options to fit everyone’s liking at Modern Gents.