Your wedding day is fast approaching, and you’re both thrilled! Your bride-to-be has probably waited ages for this monumental occasion, so it’s only fitting that you mark it with a special present. But what should you give her? The answer depends on your soon-to-be spouse and her unique personality, but we’ve got some amazing gifts below to help you get the ideas flowing. Here are a few awesome ideas for some amazing groom-to-bride spoiling.
- A Unique Piece of Jewelry — Jewelry is a gift typically reserved for big life milestones, and this is one of them. Consider surprising her with a special piece of bridal jewelry that she can wear down the aisle. Just make sure it’s something she doesn’t already have planned to wear. Go for a bracelet, earrings or a necklace, since she’s already got her big-day rings covered.
- A Wristwatch or Pocket Watch — A watch is one of those always-perfect gifts that is one-part fashion and one-part function. We love it for wedding-day gift giving because of the many fun puns it can evoke. Pair it with a card — or, better yet, have it engraved — with time-inspired wording that reads, “I will love you forever” or “A once in a lifetime love.”
- A Ring for the Honeymoon — If you spent a hearty chunk of cash on her engagement and wedding ring, you might want to consider surprising her with a stand-in for the honeymoon. The fact is that you don’t want to travel with thousands of dollars’ worth of precious metals and gems on your hands, but a stylish set of travel rings can serve as the perfect solution.
- A Custom-Framed Print — Presumably, after the wedding, you’ll either continue to or start building a home together, and you’re going to need some special stuff to fill the walls. Browse Etsy or contact local makers to create a personalized framed print that signifies something special about your relationship, such as where you met or the night sky on your first date.
- A Framed Copy of Your Vows — This is one of the sweetest and most sentimental gift ideas for couples planning to write their own vows. Save your original hand-written vows — or rewrite them nicely if the original is a bit sloppy or typed out — and have them framed. Grab a matching frame for her vows. You’ll have to wait until after the ceremony to give this one so that her reaction to your vows at the altar is raw and genuine.
- A Video for Those Who Couldn’t Make It — If you want to get really sentimental, consider making a video featuring out-of-town guests and those who couldn’t make it for the wedding. Surprise her by showing her before she gets ready to walk down the aisle. If it’s a tear-jerker, maybe wait until after the ceremony, as you don’t want to risk her messing up her makeup!
- An Embroidered Handkerchief — If your future wife tends to be sensitive (hey, nothing wrong with a little waterworks!) consider arming her with an elegant way to get sappy as she faces you at the altar. A dainty handkerchief — perhaps with an embroidered message from you to her — is a sweet and original way to encourage her to let it all out in style! It will also serve as a keepsake from her wedding day for years to come.
- A Bottle of Champagne for Getting Ready — If you want to do something small yet meaningful, have a bottle of good bubbly waiting for her wherever she’s getting ready. She’ll be super excited to pop the bottle with her girlfriends while she prepares for her big saunter down the aisle. Make sure to add a sweet, hand-written note saying how excited you are to marry her!
Source: Khrystyna Shynkaruk/Shutterstock.com
At the end of the day, as long as you choose something that was specially selected just for her, you’ll be well on your way to earning the Spouse of the Year award. Skip the generic or basic in favor of the custom or unique. And don’t forget to explore our complete selection of gorgeous wedding jewelry for some excellent ideas.
Header Image Source: Sivilla/Shutterstock.com