Online shopping has become increasingly popular over the years and makes the process of buying clothes and other necessities easy and painless. There isn’t much you can’t buy online these days. When it comes to jewelry, however, online buying can become a bit tricky. Sized pieces like engagement rings are a purchase usually made in person, but you can officially add that to your online shopping list as well.
There are many benefits to buying an engagement ring online. You can save money and take your time in the comfort of your own home when pursuing an array of ring styles. Did you know that in addition to ease and comfortability, you also get the benefit of saving a lot of money when you purchase an engagement ring online? Here are a few tips for buying your wedding ring on the web.
- Choose a Reputable Vendor: For your safety, make sure the website you choose to buy your ring from is credible and secure. There are certainly many types of engagement rings to choose from, but do a bit of digging and read reviews from previous customers before you go through with an online transaction. You also want to be sure that your chosen website can prove that any precious metals or gems are real. Any good online jewelry brand will have a good-looking website, social media and other outlets in which you can do some research. Don’t be afraid to ask questions about policies and any hidden fees associated with buying online.
- Read the Fine Print: If you’re buying an engagement ring online, go over the vendor’s policies with a fine tooth comb. You’ll want to make sure they ship to your location and the specifics regarding signatures and other mailing guidelines. Next, take some time to familiarize yourself with their return and exchange policies because each company is different when it comes to these. Make note of how long you have to return your ring in case it doesn’t fit or you don’t love it as much in person. Make sure you can get your money fully refunded if possible; otherwise, you might be stuck with a hefty credit only redeemable on their products.
There are also other policy guidelines to go over like the length of warranty. Is your ring guaranteed for life or just a few years? In what cases does your warranty cover costs? If the site on which you are looking doesn’t show these policies or does not have them at all, consider it a red flag.
- Declare Your Budget: It can be easy to fall into a hole of overspending when it comes to online shopping. This is especially true for engagement rings. Before you start your web search for rings, think about your ideal price range and look for rings only in that range when you modify your search. The good news is that affordable engagement rings are not hard to come by, so you won’t have to be too choosy. At Modern Gents, you can find an affordable, quality engagement ring in just about any style that will also fit your budget.
- Choose Your Style: Now for the fun part! Once you have chosen a vendor with credibility, good policies and searched for styles within your chosen price range, you’re ready to choose the perfect engagement ring. Don’t be afraid to take your time with this part. It can be a scary decision to press “pay” on a ring you will essentially wear forever, so don’t rush it. Consider different styles and materials for your band. Do you want the band to sparkle, or just the gem on top? For the stone cut, which one would look best on your finger? Ask yourself questions and remember to stay true to your own personal style.
- Get Inspiration When Needed: If you find yourself getting stuck when shopping online for an engagement ring, don’t hesitate to look for inspiration! Remember that there are many different directions in which you can go when looking for your perfect ring. Use the internet to your advantage and get your search on. If you have a style icon who is married or engaged, look up a photo of their ring. Search for engagement rings in your most-utilized style and see what other brides from all over the world are rocking.